Sunday, March 3, 2019

Readers Who Write: What I Listen To When I Write

Okay, the next question is...

Do you prefer silence, music or other sounds when you write? Does your preference change depending upon what you're writing?

I have dealt with varied situations that making me realized there is no such thing as the ‘perfect’ writing environment. However, I can only start a writing in complete silence (a bit of noisy sounds is okay, though). Once I got the ‘shape’ of what I want to write, then I can listen to my favorite playlist, usually contains any easy listening songs that popular recently. If I have my wudu, I will listen to Quran recitation, most of the time it’s Fatih Seferagic because his voice is a bit louder and clearer than any other qari’.



When I work – as basically my works require me to write, I prefer to not listening anything in the morning. It is because my brain has been full with my to-do list that day, so I need to shut it up and focus. Approaching the lunch time, if I got stuck, I will listen to classical songs. Really, I am not kidding. Then after lunch, I will listen to any upbeat songs that played on YouTube randomly for 1-2 hours.

What I was thinking in couple last days is, unfortunately I cannot write (or read) and listen to podcast at the same time. Perhaps because podcast ‘forces’ us to process the information thoroughly, unlike music that can be played as we work on anything else. So then, I listen to podcast when I am at the gym or my room.

In the other side, I do recommend you to listen to Quran recitation when you work. It doesn’t only help you to concentrate, but you can also memorize Quran faster. I was just aware of this some days ago, as the imam recited Ar-Rahman, I can follow him seamlessly! MasyaAllah.

What about you? What kind of music you listen to when you write?

Love,
Prima

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...